Web Publishing II Exercise 1 University of Oregon Libraries
Web Publishing II
Web Publishing I Refresher
- Using FTP software, download a copy of the page you created in Web Publishing I to the C:Guest folder on your computer. Refer to Publish Your Web Page if you need a refresher (but remember to download instead of upload).
- Open the file you just downloaded in your text editor. Also view it in your browser. Refer to Your First Web Page if you need a refresher.
- Add some new text, or use existing text on your page, to incorporate the following elements into your HTML document:
- Ordered List
- Block Quotation
- Add at least one named anchor to your web page. A named anchor allows you to jump to a specific place within a web page. Refer to the HTML Language Summary and Anatomy of a URL web pages for help, if necessary. Save your web page after each addition, and view the changes in your web browser.
- Publish your web page to the server, and test it in your web browser.
You're done return to the workshop outline.