Classroom Equipment Tutorials and Instructions
Call CMET for emergency classroom technology support: 541-346-3091
UO General Pool classrooms are equipped with audio and video systems, controlled by Crestron touch-screen interfaces. Rooms will include a computer/video projector, and appropriate VGA, HDMI, and audio input cables. Rooms have a document camera installed to view physical materials. Physical media-based playback devices vary from room to room: While most have blu-ray/DVD players there are still many DVD and VCRs out there. Please review your specific room's Classroom Specifications page for a specific list. If you require a playback device that is not installed in your classroom, please call CMET at 541-346-3091 to schedule an academic technology delivery!
These systems are user-friendly, but do require some amount of practice in their operation.
We suggest that you:
- Review the Classroom Specifications. This page lists all the general use classrooms and the equipment system type, seating styles, pictures of the classrooms, links for text instructions, room reservation request forms, and schedules of group equipment tutorials.
- Determine your classroom type listed in the Specifications above.
- Review our text directions for the classroom type in which you will be teaching.
- Visit your classroom in advance of the term start to make sure you know how to operate the installed equipment.
- Plan to attend an individual or group tutorial.
- CMET is available to help with anything in these rooms. We are happy to meet you in your space during or outside of your class to offer training, assistance, or to brainstorm new uses for academic technology. Please call 346-3091 or email@example.com for an individual tutorial.
Classroom Equipment Tutorials
Learn how to use the technology for your course whether it’s the equipment in the classroom or the course management system (Canvas), blogs, and wikis you want to incorporate into your teaching. Whether you want to learn the Crestron control system for the instructor’s podium, plug in your laptop, test out the document camera, get a wireless microphone, stream your class live, set up your blog or Canvas course, or connect via videoconference to any location across campus or the world, you’ll be glad you did this today instead of the first day of classes!
CRESTRON ROOM TUTORIALS: If you are scheduled to teach in any Crestron equipped room, please stop by CMET during office hours anytime to familiarize yourself with the Crestron Touch panel. We can also schedule by appointment via 346-3091.
NOTE: We are not be able to schedule individual tutorials during the first week of any term. We can help over the phone and will come to your class to help get you started. However, please plan to visit your room before the term starts.
Adapters and Audio Cables: Generally, computer audio cables or MAC adapters are not installed in classrooms. We are happy to give you an audio cable if you are a Faculty member, Instructor or GTF. Just stop by our desk and ask for one!