Media Services Circulation Policies
Equipment Checkout Policies
Who may borrow equipment
The UO Libraries Center for Media and Educational Technologies (CMET) lends equipment and provides services to UO faculty, staff and students for purposes directly related to University of Oregon courses. There is no charge to borrow equipment for these purposes.
CMET does not provide equipment for non-instructional use. "Non-instructional" is defined as events that are not CRN classes, or are not directly related to a CRN class. These requests should be submitted to UO Scheduling & Event Services (541.346-6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
PLEASE NOTE: Laptop loans for students are no longer available from the CMET Main desk or Knight Library Learning Commons. A limited pool of laptops is available in the Science Library.
Most CMET items have 24 hour loan or weekend Checkout capability: * items do not. CMET equipment may be checked out by faculty, staff and students at the CMET desk. Data Projectors, Document Cameras and video players will be delivered to classes if requested by the instructor.
Undergraduate students needing data projectors or other restricted materials for class presentations should ask their instructor to request one for the time needed.
- Reservations for items not picked up within one hour of the scheduled pick-up time are subject to cancellation.
- No one may use another person's I.D. or library card to check out materials.
- It is the responsibility of the borrower to note the time or date that the material is due.
- Borrowers are responsible for the security and prompt return of material and equipment checked out in their names.
- Overdue fines are charged to encourage prompt returns and to ensure access to the collections for other borrowers.
- Overdue fines are charged per item.
- Late fines for most equipment are: $4.00 for the first hour overdue or any part thereof and $.75 per subsequent hour late.
- Any borrower who fails to return library material in a timely manner or returns it in damaged condition will be charged lost item fees or repair charges, any accrued fines, plus a $15.00 service charge per item. Patrons may also be billed rental charges above and beyond the overdue charges for materials not returned by the due time given at check-out.
Renewals of equipment may only be done in person, with the equipment present.