There is a new version of i>clicker available, v7.10. The Windows and Mac versions are available for download below, along with instructions on how to upgrade your software. This new version fixes the issue of having to complete a student poll before the roster will sync completely.
*With the new version of i>clicker, v7.10, Mac users running Sierra v10.12.2 might have issues with the program running properly. Should you have an issue with your i>clicker software please contact the Educational Technology/Canvas Support Office – (541) 346-1942.
What are i>clickers?
i>clickers are a classroom response system. They are used by instructors in any size class to do polling on questions about course content, quiz students on concepts, and more. Students purchase their i>clicker from the Duck Store, or a friend who is no longer using their i>clicker. Note: clickers cannot be shared by students during the same term. Also, i>clicker, from Macmillan, offers a classroom response system called Reef Polling, where students use their own devices to respond in class. Reef Polling is not supported at the University of Oregon, as we do not have a license with Macmillan for Reef Polling.
How to get started with i>clickers?
Make an appointment or stop in at the Educational Technology & Canvas Support Office, and one of our consultants will help with installing software on your laptop, and go through set-up of the software. Also, you will learn how to manage the responses and add them to Canvas. Educational Technology & Canvas Support will provide you with the clickers and base station to get you started.
Instructions for setting up and using i>Clicker:
- Canvas_iClicker_Instructor_Guide (PDF – 01/06/2017)
- Canvas_iClicker_Student_Guide (Link to Canvas Training Module)
Instructions for updating i>Clicker software:
- Updating iClicker Instructions (PDF. Instructions for updating to the current version of i>Clicker – updated 03/16/2017
(please unzip files after downloading) See note above re. i>clicker updates.
- iClicker_7.10_Windows (ZIP file – Contains all necessary software for PC – updated 01/06/2017)
- iClicker_7.10_Mac (ZIP file – Contains all necessary software for Mac – updated 01/06/2017)
i>Clicker Mailing List
- The i>Clicker mailing list is only used to distribute important updates about changes and issues regarding i>Clicker at UO.
- To register for the i>Clicker mailing list, send an email firstname.lastname@example.org (leaving the body of the message and the subject line blank) or by clicking here and completing the registration form.