The UO Canvas learning management system is provided and supported by the UO Libraries' Center for Media and Educational Technology.
On February 18th Canvas rolled out a tool called a "Context Card." When you click on a student's name anywhere it appears as a link in Canvas, and you will see the Context Card. It is shown here in the right column. While there is a considerable amount of information about the students' performance, such as their grade, analytics, number of missing assignments, etc. The most popular addition to the Card is that there is an email link, located near the top right corner of the card. The student can be emailed from here. The Context Card will also appear in Grades and Discussions. Note that only Instructors can see Context Cards.
Plagiarism detection software is now integrated into Canvas. For more information and instructions on how to use VeriCite, check out VeriCite
Using a Content Page for the home page in Canvas will now display announcements, as does the Course Activity Stream. To set this up, go to Settings>More Options (at the bottom of the page) and put a check in the "Show recent announcements on Course home page." The number of announcements shown can be set to 1 up to 15.
- Canvas Home - start here to log into the Canvas System
- Canvas Help
- For faculty and teaching GE training in the use of Canvas, please contact UO Libraries CMET in Knight Library Room 19, 541-346-1942, make an appointment, or email us at LMSfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Need help? Need to report a bug? File a problem report using our trouble ticketing system!
- Schedule an office visit; we can come to you, you can visit us or we can provide a virtual appointment (online).
- Canvas FAQ's
- Canvas Student FAQ's
- Canvas Instructor FAQ's
- Instructor Online Workshop - Are you new to Canvas? Check out the Instructor Online Workshop.
Please fill out the course merge form for the specific term below, we recommend requesting course merges as early as possible. Please note the deadlines below.
- Summer/Summer Law 2017 course merge request form. Law summer 2017 merge requests are due before 2:00pm on June 2nd. Regular Summer 2017 merge requests are due before 2:00pm on June 30th.
On May 13, 2016 Educational Technology and Canvas Support hosted a series of presentations by 5 faculty on their use of Canvas. For more information and to listen to the podcasts, go here!!
The Canvas course management system has been used at the UO since 2015. Many UO courses are using it to provide online course materials. Uses range from providing the syllabus, to course readings, to grade information, to online class discussion and homework submission, to in several cases a fully online class. Prior to Canvas, the UO Libraries provided Blackboard access and support from 1999-2015.