Collection Services (CS) provides a wide array of services to assist members of the University of Oregon community with organizing collections of materials or making them more widely available. Contact us if you need help:
- choosing an appropriate metadata schema, subject list, or classification system;
- evaluating software to help organize and provide access to materials;
- caring for and preserving digital or print materials;
- determining appropriate security and use policies for your collections;
- providing access to your collections through the the Libraries' catalogs, or;
- developing grant proposals related to any of the above topics.
In addition to these direct public services, Collection Services provides intellectual, virtual and physical access to the Libraries' collections. We maintain the online public access catalog for traditional library materials. We preserve the physical collections through microfilming, digitizing, and carrying out book repair and conservation. We define policies and procedures necessary to provide responsive, high-quality patron access to an ever-growing array of materials available through traditional and emerging systems. To this end, we endeavor to build strong partnerships within the Libraries, on campus, and regionally and to contribute with increasing effectiveness to local, regional, and international metadata and preservation efforts.