If you need an item that can't be supplied by UO Libraries it may be available through Summit. Summit is a service used to request items from other libraries in the Orbis Cascade Alliance Consortium. Summit libraries lend print items and some audio/visual materials to each other. Please use Summit for requesting materials before using Interlibrary Loan; staff will cancel ILL requests for items available at the UO Libraries or through Summit.
Contact us: 541-346-1909 email@example.com
Current UO and students, faculty and staff.
How to use Summit:
Search for items in UO LibrarySearch. Click the "Get It" button. If the item is available through Summit you will see a "Request item (about 5 days) link. Select the link, log in to your Summit account and complete the brief request form. If the item cannot be borrowed through the UO or Summit libraries, use the "Request from Interlibrary Loan" button.
- Request limits: There is no limit to the number of Summit requests that can be submitted. However, since the loan period for some items (especially AV items) is six days, please do not request more items than you can use in the loan period. Also, because each request involves staff time at both the lending and borrowing libraries, as well as courier costs, please be sure to pick up the items you request when you're notified that they have arrived. If you find you don't need the material, please notify staff as soon as you know so it can be returned.
- Requesting specific volumes: The Summit software cannot distinguish among volumes of an item so if you require a specific volume please be sure to indicate that in the Volume/Part Number field of the request form. Note that if you want more than one volume you must submit separate requests for each volume. The software can request and check out only one item per request.
- Requesting specific editions: Our default setting is to accept any edition of a title. If you need a specific edition be sure to change the "Any Edition" setting to "Only This Edition."
- Renewals: Summit loans are for either six weeks or six days (depending on the material) and no renewals are allowed. If you need a Summit item longer, return the item on time and place a new Summit request.
- Checking the status of your requests: Log in to your Summit account to check the status of your requests. When the item is received at the UO, it will appear in your UO Library account.
- Notifications: All notifications are sent through e-mail.
Delivery of Materials:
- Material generally arrives within five days.
- When you place a Summit request you will indicate your preferred pickup location. Note that faculty departments, campus libraries and home delivery for Distance Education students are available choices.