If you need an item that can't be supplied by UO Libraries, it may be available through Summit. Summit libraries lend print items and some audio/visual materials to each other. Material generally arrives within five days.
Submitting Summit Requests
Search for items in LibrarySearch. Click the "Get It" tab and the "Place Summit request (about 5 days)" link. You will need to complete a brief request form. If the item is not available at UO Libraries or through Summit, you can submit an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request.
- Summit is available to current UO faculty, students, and staff.
- There are no fees for using Summit.
- The Summit software cannot distinguish between individual volumes, parts, series, etc., so please indicate specifically what you need in the “Volume” field of the request form. You will need to submit separate requests for each volume, part, series that you need since the Summit software can circulate only one item per request.
- Summit loans are for either six weeks or six days (determined by the lending library) with no renewals. If you need a Summit item longer, return the item on time and place a new Summit request.
- You are able to track the progress of your Summit requests and see what Summit items you have checked out via your LibrarySearch account.
- There is no limit to the number of Summit requests that can be submitted; however, since the loan period for some items (especially AV items) is six days, please do not request more items than you can use in the loan period.
- Because each request involves staff time at both the lending and borrowing libraries, as well as courier costs, please be sure to pick up the items you request after you receive a pick up notice. If you find that you no longer need the material, please let us know as soon as possible so we can return it.
- All Summit-related notifications are sent via e-mail.
- Overdue and lost/damaged Summit material is subject to fines and fees. Click here to review UO Libraries’ fines and fees.
If you have questions about Summit or need assistance, please contact the Resource Sharing office at 541-346-1909 or firstname.lastname@example.org.