Oregon Card Program
Borrowers may have:
- up to 10 items checked out from all general collections
- up to 10 holds on items checked out to other borrowers; patrons cannot place holds on material lent to Summit libraries
- Interlibrary Loan privileges for $15 per successful request plus copyright fees and any fees charged by the lending library.
Borrower records are blocked if late charges exceed $99.
Since there are some limitations on the types and quantity of materials you may borrow though this program (see discussion of privileges for Oregon Card participants), UO alumni and friends of the University may wish to consider joining the University of Oregon Alumni Association; more extensive borrowing privileges are accorded to borrowers who are UOAA Members.
Please see the Borrowing from the UO Libraries and Beyond.
Your barcoded library card from any Oregon Library may be used to borrow materials from the University of Oregon Libraries. If you don't have a library card from another library (or our system cannot read the barcode), you must buy an Oregon Card for $5.00. Exact cash only or a check payable to the University of Oregon Library will be accepted as payment for the card.
Borrowing privileges are valid for participants in the Oregon Card Program at these University Libraries:
- Knight Library (541/346-3065)
- Architecture and Allied Arts Library (541/346-3637)
- UO Portland Library & Learning Commons (503/412-3671)
- Law Library (541/346-3088)
- Mathematics Library (541/346-3023)
- Science Library (541/346-3075)
- Oregon Institute of Marine Biology (541/888-2581, ext. 219)
Registering to borrow:
You may register to borrow at the checkout desk in each of the campus libraries. Please bring the following:
- Proof of current Oregon mailing address (such as an Oregon Drivers License or a piece of cancelled mail)
- E-mail address (required to receive notices regarding checkouts, holds, recalls or overdues, or to make Interlibrary Loan requests)
- Proof of age
- Picture ID
Viewing your library Accounts
Please see My Library Accounts for information on logging into your library accounts.