Oregon Card Program
Oregon Card Program
The University of Oregon Libraries:
Serving all Oregonians
Borrowers may have:
- up to 10 items checked out from all general collections
- up to five items checked out from selected restricted collections (examples: Music collection, Juvenile Collection, Curriculum Collection, and art oversized collections).
- up to 10 holds on checked out items
- Interlibrary Loan privileges for $15 per successful request plus copyright fees and any fees charged by the lending library.
Borrower records are blocked if they have overdue items which have been recalled for another person.
Please see the Borrowing from the UO Libraries and Beyond.
Your barcoded library card from any Oregon Library may be used to borrow materials from the University of Oregon Libraries. If you don't have a library card from another library (or our system cannot read the barcode), you must buy an Oregon Card for $5.00. Exact cash only or a check payable to the University of Oregon Library will be accepted as payment for the card.
Borrowing privileges are valid for participants in the Oregon Card Program at these University Libraries:
- Knight Library (541/346-3065)
- Architecture and Allied Arts Library (541/346-3637)
- UO Portland Library & Learning Commons (503/412-3671)
- Law Library (541/346-3088)
- Mathematics Library (541/346-3023)
- Science Library (541/346-3075)
- Oregon Institute of Marine Biology (541/888-2581, ext. 219)
Registering to borrow:
You may register to borrow at the checkout desk in each of the campus libraries. Please bring the following:
- Proof of current Oregon mailing address (such as an Oregon Drivers License or a piece of cancelled mail)
- E-mail address (required to receive notices regarding checkouts, holds, recalls or overdues, or to make Interlibrary Loan requests)
- Forwarding address: the address of a friend or family member who will forward mail to you if you should move unexpectedly. (This address does not have to be in Oregon, but should be within the United States.)
- Proof of age
- Picture ID
Viewing your library Accounts
Please see My Library Accounts for information on logging into your library accounts.