University of Oregon
THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON

UO's Architectural Timelines

1950-1959

Colophon, Allen Hall.  Photo by Ed Teague.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Colophon, Allen Hall

Unless otherwise noted, the date indicates when the building opened. Follow the link to learn more about the history of a building or architect.

1950

1951

1952

1953

  • Buckminster Fuller and architecture students construct a Geodesic Dome on campus.
  • 1953
  • McClure Hall is demolished to make way for the new journalism building, Allen Hall.
  • O. Meredith Wilson becomes UO's 9th president after Harry Newburn's resignation in 1953.

1954

1955

1957

1958

1959

 

Created by ehteague on Jun 18, 2012 Last updated May 6, 2016
University of Oregon Libraries
1501 Kincaid Street Eugene, OR
97403-1299
T: (541) 346-3053
F: (541) 346-3485
Make a Gift