University of Oregon

UO's Architectural Timelines
1910-1919

Pioneer

Pioneer (1919)

 

Unless otherwise noted, the date indicates when the building opened. Follow the link to learn more about the history of a building or architect.

 

1912

  • Sundial arrives and is originally sited near what is now Johnson Hall.
  • A large bronze seal of the University of Oregon, a gift of the Class of 1912, is laid at the north entrance of Villard Hall. The seal was moved to the Erb Memorial Union in 1950 and a plaque now resides at its former location.

1913

1914

1915

1916

1917

1918

1919

 

Created by ehteague on Jun 18, 2012 Last updated May 6, 2016
University of Oregon Libraries
1501 Kincaid Street Eugene, OR
97403-1299
T: (541) 346-3053
F: (541) 346-3485
Make a Gift