THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
Picture Source: Old Oregon 36 no.5 (1955): 2.
HistoryArchitect: Warren H. Williams. Builder: W.H. Abrams. Date: 1889-1905.
Similar in Villard Hall in its detailing, the observatory was built in 1889 atop Skinner Butte by W. H. Abrams who constructed many buildings in Eugene. The Observatory cost the University $4782.78. Subject to vandalism and distant from UO, the building was abandoned by June 1898. On May 12, 1905, the Observatory was demolished. Unversity Day activities included cleaning up the site.
Books and Parts of Books