University of Oregon
THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON

Lillis Business Complex

Date: 2003. Architect: SRG Partnership. Contractor: Lease Crutcher Lewis Construction.

Summary

The new home of the Lundquist College of Business, the 133,000 sq. ft. four-story building was designed to meet LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Silver certification and features many sustainable design elements such as perimeter daylighting, recycled building materials and energy-efficient mechanical systems. The most prominent sustainable component of the project employs photovoltaic cells inlaid in the building's four-story glass entryway.Designed to harness energy from the sun, these cells generate electricity used to power the building. The large atrium respects the north-south axis from Dad's Gates on 11th Ave. to Knight Library. Creating the new complex required razing Commonwealth Hall and reconnecting Gilbert Hall (formerly Commerce) and Peterson Hall (formerly Gilbert West, Oregon Hall, Education). The sculpture Wind Fence was added in 2004.

Bibliography

Websites

The LCB website provides substantial documentation about the complex, including a time-lapse report of its construction.

Page author: Ed Teague

University of Oregon Libraries
1501 Kincaid Street Eugene, OR
97403-1299
T: (541) 346-3053
F: (541) 346-3485
Make a Gift