University of Oregon
THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON

Gerlinger Annex

Architect: Morin and Longwood

North Facade

History

The Annex to Gerlinger Hall housed the new women's gym when it opened in 1969. The severe geometric shape, although veneered with brick, contrasts sharply with the adjacent historic building building.

The firm Stafford, Morin, and Longwood also designed UO's Computing Center and the Eugene City Hall (1960-64).  The city hall was destroyed in 2015.

Bibliography

Newspaper Articles

"Gerlinger Annex, New PE bldg partially in use." Daily Emerald, 10/17/69, 2, 4-5.

Created by ehteague on Jul 11, 2012 Last updated May 6, 2016
University of Oregon Libraries
1501 Kincaid Street Eugene, OR
97403-1299
T: (541) 346-3053
F: (541) 346-3485
Make a Gift