University of Oregon
THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON

David and Lynn Frohnmayer Pedestrian and Bicycle Bridge

Summary

Access to Autzen Stadium from the UO campus was greatly enhanced in 1970 when this footbridge, designed by OBEC Consulting Engineers, was created to span the Willamette.  A railroad underpass was created to facilitate access to the bridge.  The bridge, known as Autzen Footbridge, was renamed by the City of Eugene in September 2009 in honor of UO president Dave Frohnmayer and his wife.

Newspaper Articles (arranged by date)

"Footbridge Ready For Game," Oregon Daily Emerald, 16 Oct. 1970: 1. 1

 

University of Oregon Libraries
1501 Kincaid Street Eugene, OR
97403-1299
T: (541) 346-3053
F: (541) 346-3485
Make a Gift