THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
Education Annex (Gift Campaign Building)
Location: HEDCO Education Complex
Architect: Lawrence & Holford
Now called Education Annex, this house was originally located behind Johnson Hall. It was originally called the Gift Campaign Building and served as offices for UO's Alumni Holding Company, an organization formed to raise funds for campus buildings. It also served as dance studios during its history. Designs were completed by October 1922 and construction ended in 1923. The Alumni organization moved out of the building in 1932 and it subsequently served other functions. The structure was moved to behind the Education Building in the 1950s and to its present location in 1979. Originally painted white with dark trim, the building was painted red and, because of its location in the Education complex, unfortunately dubbed the "Little Red Schoolhouse."
Books & Parts of Books
"Gift Campaign Building", Ellis Lawrence Building Survey, in Scholars Bank, https://scholarsbank.uoregon.edu/.
Page author: Ed Teague, email@example.com