University of Oregon
THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON

CHERYL RAMBERG FORD AND ALLYN FORD ALUMNI CENTER

1720 East 13th Ave, Eugene, Oregon

Ford Alumni Center

 

Date: 2011

Architect of Record, Interior architect: Opsis Architecture

Building architect and exterior:  TVA
Audiovisual Systems: MAD Systems
Interactive systems fabricator: Lexington, lex-usa.com

Scale:  four stories; 60,000 sf.

In 2006, a user group, comprised of representatives from the Alumni Association, UO Foundation and Office of Development, formed to begin working on designs for an alumni center for the university. In May 2011, the Cheryl Ramberg Ford and Allyn Ford Alumni Center opened. In addition to its function as home of the UO Alumni Association, the Ford Alumni Center is a gateway to the university. Its tenants also include the University Office of Development, the University Foundation, and student orientation programs. The ground floor serves as a starting point for campus visitors and prospective students and includes interactive multi-media displays that inform about the university's history. Other spaces include an atrium, conference rooms, lounges, and flexible meetings spaces. Concurrently constructed with the Matthew Knight Arena, which reflects its exterior design, the alumni center rests above a large underground parking facility. The alumni center is registered for LEED Gold certification and is the winner of an International Interior Design Association Honor Award.  

 

Bibliography

 

Websites

 

News Articles

 

Page author:  Edward H. Teague, ehteague@uoregon.edu

Research:  Jeffrey A. Toreson, Thomas Intern

 

 

File Upload: 
Created by ehteague on Jun 18, 2012 Last updated May 9, 2016
University of Oregon Libraries
1501 Kincaid Street Eugene, OR
97403-1299
T: (541) 346-3053
F: (541) 346-3485
Make a Gift