AcademicAdministrative Job Openings
Academic/Administrative Job Openings
- Program Manager, Orbis Cascade Alliance (priority deadline: Sept. 28, 2015)
- Instructional Technologist and Designer (still accepting applications)
- Web Services Libraran (extended to: July 22, 2015; still accepting applications)
- Art and Architecture Librarian (closed: July 31, 2015; review underway)
Academic librarian positions require a graduate degree in library and/or information science that is accredited by the American Library Association. Occasionally, depending on the assignment, other subject master's degrees are accepted or required. The UO Library School was suspended in 1978 and has not offered credit coursework since then.
- Position vacancies are routinely advertised on ALA JobLIST; The Chronicle of Higher Education; and on the Oregon Library Association and Pacific Northwest Library Association jobsites.
- Occasionally, regional recruitments are conducted. Those positions are advertised in The (Eugene) Register-Guard, the (Portland) Oregonian, and either the Seattle Times or the San Francisco Chronicle.
- For more information about academic positions, contact Ms. Laine Stambaugh.
- More information about Careers in Libraries!