Faculty and Graduate Studies Reservations
Graduate and doctoral students can request use of a study room to assist in completing their thesis/dissertation. For information, contact the Knight Library Checkout/Reserves Desk at 541-346-3065.
NOTE (January, 2015): The library is in the process of evaluating and re-purposing space, and faculty study assignments will be limited.
Contact Library Administration staff at (541) 346-3056 for availability.
Faculty studies are available in Knight Library to University of Oregon faculty and adjunct professors who are engaged in extensive research. These rooms are not intended as offices or conference space, or as group study rooms. There are seven rooms available that can accommodate two per room.
Application forms are available in the Library Administration Office, Knight Library Room 115. If for any reason a faculty study holder leaves the university for an extended period of time, e.g., for sabbatical, teaching exchange, or matters of a personal nature, the study should be vacated and the key returned to Library Administration.
Studies are assigned for no more than 3 consecutive terms and an email reminder will be sent informing the user when the room key is due back.
Regulations for Use of Faculty Studies
- Keys to these rooms may not be duplicated or lent to others. Report lost keys immediately to staff in Library Administration.
- The Library is not responsible for damage to, or loss of, any personal property left in the study. We recommend that you not leave items of value in the room. Note that we do not re-key rooms after each assignment.
- Please do not move furniture into or out of the study. Report damage to furniture to Library Administration.
- Food/Drink: Please use spill-proof mugs or pull-top bottles. Food should be removed from the room when you leave for the day.
- Library materials stored in the study must be checked out. Non-circulating materials (reference items, maps, etc) may not be locked in the study. Staff may remove library materials that are not checked out. Overdue and recall fines continue to accrue for items stored in faculty studies.
- Study holders are responsible for providing their own computing devices. For assistance, contact your departmental technology support staff.
- The computer jack in the study is activated for ethernet access. Internet service is also available through university's UO Secure wireless network. For assistance, contact the Technology Service Desk.
- Walls and windows are to be kept clean and free of any postings, artwork, etc. Staff must be able to see inside the study when closing the building and during emergencies and inspections.
- As a courtesy to those sharing the room, please maintain an orderly appearance of the study.
- Study rooms are designated as "quiet areas." Please be considerate of neighboring occupants.
- Library staff can only disclose the assigned study room number of any faculty member in emergency situations.
- The library may withdraw the study room assignment if the study is not being used or if there is abuse of these regulations.
Information updated 09 January 2015 by Andrew Bonamici, email@example.com