Video Booking Information
Audio and Video Booking Information
UO Faculty and GTFs are encouraged to book video items for classroom use. Booking should be done as far in advance as possible, but at least four business days before the expected use. You may book items in the on-line catalog, in person, by phone (541.346-3065.) Confirm your booking by looking in your patron record.
Videos and audio recordings in Knight will be available for pickup at the Checkout/Reserves Desk. Videos in the Law, Science and AAA collections must be picked up at the branch checkout desk. Instructors who ask a student to pick up the material must send the student with a completed "Faculty Authorization for Video Checkout (Classroom Use)". Faculty may also ask their library proxy to pick up the material.
Audio and video items are usually booked for an individual class session but may be booked for up to three days. Please note: audio recordings and videos which are on course reserves may be booked only for five hours.
If you need viewing equipment please contact Center for Media and Educational Technology (541-346-3091).
Booking via the on-line catalog
After locating the audio or video in the UO local catalog, select the link labeled "book this material".
- Start date and time: the time you plan to pick up the material from the Library.
- Enter the course (ex: WGS 101) the video is being booked for in the comment box.
- Videos and audio recordings on reserve may be booked for a maximum of five (5) hours, and other videos for a maximum of three (3) days.
- Videos and audio recordings which are not on reserve may be renewed for an additional three days.
- The calendar displays in red the days the material is not available for your booking.
Booking form for Distance Education Faculty (Staff-mediated booking)
Videos and audio recordings will be mailed to you one week in advance of your expected use (pickup day/time) and will be due in the Library one week later. Please indicate in the comments field of this form that you are teaching a course which qualifies as a Distance Education course.
Results of the following form will be sent to library staff who will check the availability of the item and, if possible, book it for you. You will not be sent a confirmation of the booking: please allow up to three days for processing, then check your library account to verify that we were able to book it for you.