Moving Library Collections: the planning team
The Shift Task force
- Find out who appoints the members
- Find out who chairs the TF
- Decide how the TF will meet: electronic? in-person? Got a comittment to frequent e-mail reading?
- First meeting: in person, establish expectactions, answer questions
- Keep pretty thorough minutes, documentation of decisions and changes of decisions.
- Figure out communication with the rest of the library: a regular newsbulletin? e-mail updates?
- Figure out your communication with the lib admin (if you don't have one on the TF)
- Decide who's responsible for which task: break apart by collection, or by task or ???
- Internal communication for the Team: set up a little listserver?
- Set up a Command Post
- Role of Task Force as role models