Moving Library Collections: Documenting Meetings
Documenting Task Force Meetings: Sample Minutes
Shifting Task Force
Present: Leslie, Deborah, Mark, Vicky, Howard, Rory, Carol, Tom, Ross, Shelia, S, Bob, Kathy
- C1. Review ARB List.
- C2. Review DAC List. Only one thing on it (child care) and we decided to drop it.
- C3. Shift plans for each area/scheduling staff: how are we doing? Each collection supervisor has scheduled his/her shifts, so SS and S will take the leftovers and sign them up for the 3to5 shift.
- C4: Lib-wide meeting on shifting: anybody have anything to say?
- C5: Movers: as shelving gets put up, you should be there to instruct the professional movers where to place it. Refer to your newest bible (list of all the shelving: where/when it's going, where/when it comes from) for the dates, etc. Ross and Mark have been through this: any suggestions? Nobody should sign change orders for shelving assemblers without talking to S or ARB.
- C6: Booktrucks: 4J school district lending us 22. PP will fetch and return them for us on Dec. 18 and Jan 4th.
- C7: Countertop shelving: to be done by PP. As we unload the low shelving, we will have Sherman Movers take off tops and pile them out of the way in Ref somewhere, then move the rest of the range to Docs or Microforms. Then, directly after intersession, the PP will raise them by 1.5 inches, and re-formica them.
- C8. Assignments from last week: review them.
- C9. Old shelving: going from and to. Top priority for this meeting. We reviewed the list from the bible, made changes, and several folks will get info to me asap so I can tell Sherman Movers.
Review of Assignments from Last Week:
- Shirien: make a list of all staff who aren't scheduled to shift due to physical problems. Give copies to dept heads so they know when they need to have desk work available, to the Shifting Task Force, and to the Chore Desk.
- Mark: We need more elevator access. MARK and ARB also chat about making another or three wide opening from REF wall to Level 2 area. Lots of traffic using this area.
- Rory: order 6 walkie-talkies for mid-Dec through mid-Jan.
- Vicky: ask lib office about temp parking permits for student and staff who are working late on shifts and weekends. She says it is not easily done. Group asked DAC to talk to OPS about not enforcing permitted parking in one of the lots during the break. She will.
- Ross: ask ARB about industrial shelving.
- Leslie: reschedule the Music shift for a bit later, so we know that Docs get emptied. She did.
- Howard: reschedule yours, too. He did.
- Everybody: write your own names on the scheduling Sheets so you can be a team leader on a 3to5 shift after or before your own collections shifts are done.
- S: ask ARB about 2nd floor wall coming down:
- need lots of staff access during intersession, and for patrons during 2A.
- what about the floor joint there? can book trucks run over them easily?
Assignments for next week:
- S: make a list of all staff who are not scheduled for shift.
- MRW: ask ARB about more holes in ref/2nd floor
- MRW, S, or DAC: at KHeads meeting be sure to mention to dept heads about their responsibilities for non-shifting staff
- DAC: find out about parking during brk
- Kathie: order some "keep out" tape for SpC
- Kathie: find out if the closets in the ComPost are lockable so we can put supplies and walkie-talkies in them each night
- S, SS, and JJ: talk about chore desk. organize it. Schedule staff for it.
- Ross: ask ARB about industrial shelving
- S: floor joints: booktrucks rolling: ask ARB
- Carol/Kathie/S: check out ref shelving in newKnight.
- Rory: tell S needs for old shelving relocation
- F1: next mtg: Tue, Dec 8, 2p, ComPost
- P1: holes punched in Old Ref
- P2: Mobile shelving?
- P4: Unkey RCP and main elevator and stairwell doors in those areas.
- GWS letter to staff
- PO for booktrucks
- Map of 5th level
- Shelving order
- New grad study carrels
- Height of counters of service desks
- AcS staff office area in 2B