Moving Library Collections: Communication with Staff
You need to keep staff informed of the planning process. If you inspire confidence in the plan, they're more likely to accept it. If you show them what the process is, they might have improvements.
- Invite them to the ComPost (COMmand POST) to look at the team's maps and procedures.
- Write them letters, publish a "Shifting Newsletter", leave voice-mail.
- If the Planning Team uses a listserv, archive it and publicize its location.
- Start a blog and frequently put updates so staff can comment and ask questions about each phase.
- Have a staff meeting right before the shift begins