Library Spaces & Equipment, Architecture & Allied Arts Library, University of Oregon
Architecture & Allied Arts Library: Spaces & Technology
The Architecture & Allied Arts Library occupies three floors of the south end of Lawrence Hall. The library is a wireless environment with a variety of study spaces including one of the most attractive reading rooms in the state. Consult the library floor plan to identify spaces for collections, services, and study.
Research & Study Spaces
The A&AA Library has a rich variety of seating spaces including three reading rooms, a group study space, a current periodicals room, as well as individual carrel seating throughout the building. The second floor reading room (M210) is a designated quiet space. On the third floor is the Student Collaboration Room (LA302) which is available on a first-come first-serve basis or can be reserved in advance. This room for group study can seat up to eight people and features a flat screen monitor for laptop projections. Whiteboards are located throughout the library.
The Architecture & Allied Arts Library provides 25 public workstations with differing software capabilities. Priority use of library computers is for work connected to UO research and coursework.
Printers, Scanners, Copiers
The A&AA Library has printer/copiers and scanners to facilitate research and instruction. Printing from the computer workstations is directed to the AAA Library Output Room, located adjacent to the library's service desk. A Campus Cash account is required to use the printers. Scanning maybe accomplished with the Bookeye scanner, the flatbed scanners, and the slide scanner. Users of library copiers, scanners, and computers are responsible for ensuring that their use conforms to United States Copyright Law (Title 17 US Code).
Left: The Bookeye scanner scans to pdf, jpg, and png files. There is no charge for Bookeye scans. Content can be emailed or saved to a thumb drive.
- Black & White printing: Cost is 8 cents per sheet for 8.5x11 in.; 16 cents per sheet for 11x17 in.
- Color printing: Cost: is 25 cents per 8.5x11 in. print or 50 cents per 11x17 in. print.
- Print from your laptop: Consult the instructions for laptop printing.
- Print using the School of A&AA Output Room. See instructions for Submitting Jobs for Print to the A&AA School Output Room.
- One Bookeye scanner (digital output in pdf, jpg, png format). Content may be emailed or saved to thumbdrive.
- Three US Letter/A4 size flatbed scanners. The scanners can also scan slides. Ask for the adaptor at the service desk. Content may be emailed or saved to thumbdrive.
- Two tabloid/A3 size flatbed scanners. Content may be emailed, saved to thumbdrive, or printed.
- One 35mm slide scanner. The flatbed scanners can also scan film/slides. Ask for the adaptor at the service desk.
All photocopiers require Campus Cash cards for payment. Prices are as follows:
- Black & white copier: 8 cents per copy.
- Color copier: 25 cents per 8.5x11 in. copy; 50 cents per 11x17 in. copy.
UO students, staff, and faculty: Campus Cash uses the UO Card (Photo ID) as a debit card for printing and copying. All UO students, faculty, and staff have pre-established Campus Cash accounts. Use of this service requires first making a deposit into the account. UO students, faculty, and staff can add funds to Campus Cash accounts via Duckweb; look for the "QuickPay" option in the Student Menu or Employee Information. Money can also be added at Lawrence Hall's Hearth Cafe down the hall from A&AA Library. Consult this page for more information on the Campus Cash service.
Non-UO patrons: Campus Cash accounts are also available for non-UO patrons. Cards are available for purchase at a vending machine in the Knight Library lobby or at the UO Card Office.
All services are ADA-accessible. If you want assistance for any disability related reason, ask at the service desk. Access to adaptive technology is also available in many locations around campus.
Page author: Ed Teague. Updated 9/16/2014