Spaces & Equipment, Architecture & Allied Arts Library, University of Oregon
AAA Library Spaces & Equipment
The Architecture & Allied Arts Library occupies three floors of the south end of Lawrence Hall. The library is a wireless environmnent with a variety of study spaces including one of the most attractive reading rooms in the state. All services are ADA-accessible. If you want assistance for any disability related reason, ask at the service desk. Access to adaptive technology is also available in many locations around campus.
The Architecture & Allied Arts Library provides 22 public workstations with differing capabilities. Priority use of library computers is for work connected to UO research and coursework.
- Internet Kiosks. Four workstations (called Internet Kiosks) provide web access to the full extent of the UO Library's online system including databases. A flatbed scanner is attached to one of these stations. No login is required for Internet Kiosk computers.
- Academic Stations. Eighteen workstations (called Academic Stations) provide a wide range of productivity software including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite. These machines, available in Windows and Mac platforms, also provide email and other internet access, as well as use of library CDs, DVDs, and software. UO log-in required.
Printers, Scanners, Copiers
Computer content may be printed, emailed, or downloaded on thumbdrives. Printing output is directed to the AAA Library Output Room, located adjacent to the service desk. Printing in the library requires a Campus Cash card except for the Bookeye scanner for which there is no charge. Users of library copiers, scanners, and computers hold responsibility for ensuring that their use of these resources conforms to United States Copyright Law (Title 17 US Code).
- Black & White: Cost is 8 cents per sheet for 8.5x11 in.; 16 cents per sheet for 11x17 in.
- Color: Cost: is 25 cents per 8.5x11 in. print or 50 cents per 11x17 in. print.
- Large scale output. Print to the nearby A&AA School Output Room.
- Laptop: Consult the instructions for laptop printing.
- One Bookeye scanner (digital output in pdf, jpg, png format). Content may be emailed or saved to thumbdrive.
- Three US Letter/A4 size flatbed scanners. Content may be emailed, saved to thumbdrive, or printed. Print is charged to Campus Cash card.
- Two tabloid/A3 size flatbed scanners. Content may be emailed, saved to thumbdrive, or printed. Print is charged to Campus Cash card.
- One 35mm slide scanner. The flatbed scanners can also scan film/slides. Content may be emailed, saved to thumbdrive, or printed. Print is charged to Campus Cash card.
Black & white and color copying is available. All photocopiers require Campus Cash cards. Prices are as follows:
- Black & white copier: 8 cents per copy.
- Color copier: 25 cents per 8.5x11 in. copy; 50 cents per 11x17 in. copy.
- UO students, faculty, and staff. Campus Cash uses the UO Card (Photo ID) as a debit card for printing and copying. All UO students, faculty, and staff have pre-established Campus Cash accounts. Most accounts are already activated. To begin using this service, you will only need to make a deposit into your account. Money can be added to the account in a number of places on campus, including the Hearth Cafe on the second floor of Lawrence Hall. UO students, faculty, and staff can also add funds to their Campus Cash account via Duckweb; look for the "QuickPay" option in the Student Menu or Employee Information.
- Non-UO patrons. Campus Cash accounts are also available for non-UO patrons. Cards are available for purchase at a vending machine in the Knight Library lobby or at the UO Card Office, lower level of the Erb Memorial Union.
Page author: Ed Teague, firstname.lastname@example.org