Borrowing: Oregon Card Program and NCU Borrowers
Oregon Card: UO Libraries offers borrowing privileges to Oregon residents 16 years and older through the Oregon Card Program. Oregon Card borrowers will use their barcoded library card from any Oregon Library, or a card purchased from UO Libraries, when borrowing materials from the University of Oregon Libraries. Photo ID must be presented when borrowing materials.
NCU: Through a reciprocal agreement, UO Libraries offers borrowing privileges to faculty, staff and students at Northwest Christian University. When you register as borrower at UO Libraries, bring your current student, faculty or staff ID card with the current term's sticker affixed to the card.
Your borrowing privileges will permit you to check materials from Knight Library and any of the branch libraries within UO Libraries.License agreements for electronic resources allow off-campus access only for current UO students, faculty and staff. Oregon Card users must come to the library to use licensed electronic resources.
When you register for borrowing privileges, we ask that you provide us with an e-mail address. E-mail is the sole method used by UO Libraries to send recalls, overdue notices and other communications to borrowers.
When searching for materials and resources through LibrarySearch, be sure to sign in. Doing so will permit you to place requests for books in UO Libraries and view your current checkouts.
- Borrower responsibilities:
- You are responsible for knowing the due date of library materials that are checked out, and for returning those materials on time.
- Understand that automatic renewals occur only for materials that have not been requested by other borrowers, and only for materials eligible for renewal.
- Recalls: All items are subject to recall at any time (including breaks between terms or semesters)
- Loan Periods:
- Books: 3 weeks, but with an automatic renewal you may keep the material for up to 6 weeks (unless recalled by another borrower)
- Videos: In-library use only
- Audio recordings: 6 days, but with an automatic renewal you may keep the material for up to 12 days (unless recalled by another borrower)
- Interlibrary Loans for borrowers in the Oregon Card Program: determined by the lending library (NCU borrowers should request interlibrary borrowing through NCU's Kellenberger Library).
- up to 10 items checked out
- up to 10 holds on items checked out to other borrowers
- Fees and Overdue Fines:
- Interlibrary Loan fee (Oregon Card Program): $15 per successful request plus any copyright or other charges assessed by the lending library
- Overdue fines for books and ILL material: $.50/day
- Overdue fines for audio recordings: $2/day
- Overdue fines for recalls: $5/day
- Overdue fines for course reserves: $3/hour
- Fees for damaged or lost items: Repair or replacement charge plus $20 service charge plus accrued fines