Borrowing and Requesting: UO Faculty and Staff
Your UO ID card is your library card. UO ID cards are valid at all UO Libraries as well as at Summit libraries.
When searching for materials and resources through LibrarySearch, be sure to sign in. Doing so will permit you to place requests, view your current checkouts, and provide you with access to restricted-use databases.
Notices to UO faculty, staff and students are sent by email to their uoregon email accounts. Mailing addresses should be kept up to date via DuckWeb.
UO faculty may name a proxy to checkout materials in their name.
- Borrower responsibilities:
- You are responsible for knowing the due date of library materials that are checked out, and for returning those materials on time.
- Understand that automatic renewals occur only for materials that have not been requested by other borrowers, and only for materials eligible for renewal.
- Recalls: All items are subject to recall at any time (including breaks between terms or semesters)
- Loan Periods:
- Books (including Knight Popular Reading Collections): 6 months; but with automatic renewals you may keep the book for up to 24 months (unless recalled by another borrower)
- Videos: 6 days; but with automatic renewals you may keep the material for up to 12 days (unless recalled by another borrower)
- Audio recordings: 6 days; but with automatic renewals you may keep the material for up to 24 days (unless recalled by another borrower)
- Bound journals: 6 days (no renewals)
- Summit books: 6 weeks (no renewals)
- Summit short loan: 6 days (no renewals)
- Interlibrary Loans: determined by the lending library
- Reserves and equipment loans: 90 minutes to 3 days, loan period announced at checkout
- Requesting. You may:
- Request materials be paged to a more convenient UO Library for checkout
- Page materials from stacks to the Checkout Desk, requests take at least 24 hours
- Have library books sent to your campus department or sent to your home if you are eligible for Distance Education Services.
- Request delivery of articles and book chapters
- Request material not owned by UO Libraries via Summit or Interlibrary Loan
- Booking (reserving) videos
- Fees and Overdue Fines:
- Summit or ILL material: $.50/day
- Videos: $2 /day
- Recalls: $5/day
- Equipment and other short loans: varies by collection
- Course Reserves: $3/hour
- Damaged or lost items: Repair or replacement charge plus $20 service charge plus accrued fines