Policies on this page pertain to active members of the University of Oregon Alumni Association, as well as members of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, and participants in selected summer programs.
Active members of the UO Alumni Association are eligible for borrowing privileges similar to those enjoyed by UO undergraduate students. To register as a library borrower, bring your UO Alumni Association membership card showing your status as a current (or lifetime) UOAA member. Alumni Association members can access online subscription databases from library workstations, but not remotely.
If you are a member of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) or a participant in a summer program that entitles you to borrow materials from UO Libraries, you will need to present appropriate verification identifying you as a current eligible participant.
- Borrower responsibilities:
- You are responsible for knowing the due date of library material that is checked out to you, and for returning material on time
- All items are subject to recall by other library users at any time, including breaks between terms; if a recall shortens your loan period you will receive an email notification
- Borrowing-related notifications are sent to the e-mail address you provide when registering as a borrower.
- Loan Periods:
- Books: 6 weeks
- AV material: 6 days
- Bound journals: 6 days
- Summit material: 6 days to 6 weeks (determined by the lending library)
- Interlibrary Loan material: Due date determined by the lending library
- Course Reserves and equipment loans: 2 hours to 7 days
- Renewals: Eligible material will renew automatically unless requested by another user
- When maximum loan period has been reached, users will receive a courtesy email notification
- Fees and Overdue Fines:
- Books and ILL material: $.50/day
- AV material: $2/day
- Recalled material: $5/day
- Equipment and other short loans: varies