Borrowing and Requesting: UO Alumni Association members
Active members of the UO Alumni Association are elibible for borrowing privileges that are more extensive than those enjoyed by borrowers using the Oregon Card Program. UOAA members who register as library borrowers may, for example, check out videos, and an unrestrcited number of general books. License agreements for electronic resources allow off-campus access only for current UO students, faculty and staff. Oregon Card and UO Alumni Association users must come to the library to use licensed electronic resources.
To register as a library borrower, bring your UO Alumni Association membership card showing your status as a current (or lifetime) UOAA member. When you register for borrowing privileges, we ask that you provide us with an e-mail address. E-mail is the sole method used by UO Libraries to communicate with borrowers. An e-mail account is required if you wish to borrow materials through Interlibrary Loan.
When searching for materials and resources through LibrarySearch, be sure to sign in. Doing so will permit you to place requests for books in UO Libraries and view your current checkouts.
- Borrower responsibilities:
- You are responsible for knowing the due date of library materials that are checked out, and for returning those materials on time.
- Understand that automatic renewals occur only for materials that have not been requested by other borrowers, and only for materials eligible for renewal.
- Recalls: All items are subject to recall at any time (including breaks between terms or semesters)
- Loan Periods:
- Books: 6 weeks, but with automatic renewals you may keep the book for up to a total of 24 weeks (unless recalled by another borrower)
- Videos: 6 days, but with an automatic renewal, you may keep the item for a total of 12 days (unless recalled by another borrower)
- Audio recordings: 6 days, but with an automatic renewal, you may keep the item for a total of 24 days (unless recalled by another borrower)
- Bound Journals: 6 days (no renewals)
- Reserves and equipment loans: 90 minutes to 7 days, loan period announced at checkout
- Requesting. You may:
- Request materials be paged to a more convenient UO Library for checkout
- Page materials from stacks to the Checkout Desk, requests take at least 24 hours
- Request material not owned by UO Libraries via Interlibrary Loan (Note that fees apply: $15 per successful request plus any copyright or other charges assessed by the lending library.)
- Fees and Overdue Fines:
- Interlibrary Loan fee: $15 per successful request plus any copyright or other charges assessed by the lending library
- Overdue fines for books and ILL material: $0.50/day
- Overdue fines for videos and audio recordings: $2/day
- Overdue fines for recalls: $5/day
- Overdue fines for course reserves: $3/hour
- Fees for damaged or lost items: Repair or replacement charge plus $20 service charge plus accrued fines